Monday, June 24, 2013

My Second June Blogging Challenge: Day 24

My Second June Blogging Challenge





I came across this June Blog over at Paula's Place.
This is my second June Blogging Challenge. Lets see if I can keep up on both of them this month.
And here are the list of prompts for June. There is no rules. Just do what you can. And  hope over to link up at Paula's Place
The prompts were provided for us by Allison (Kwizgiver) at 
What if this is As good As It Gets

I love the title of her blog.
 
DAY 24: YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE AND WHAT'S IT ABOUT.
 
 
 
The Green Mile is my favorite. I have watched it 66 times so far.
It's the only Tom Hanks movie that I like!
I love Michael Clarke Duncan!
 
 
 
 
 
The Green Mile is a 1999 American drama film directed by Frank Darabont adapted from the 1996 Stephen King novel of the same name.
 
It's a story told in flashback and narrated by Paul Edgecomb {Tom Hanks}, now living in an old age home six decades after working as the head guard on Death Row at a Southern Prison named Cold Mountain Peniteniary. Traveling back to 1935, during the Great Depression, the former prison guard, Edgecomb, reflects on how he developed a poignant, unusual relationship with this one inmate, sentenced to Death Row, who may be innocent. The inmate, John Coffey {Michael Clarke Duncan}, is an African ~ American man ~ convicted of the rape and murder of a pair of 9 year old sisters, who awaits his death in this harsh prison. Coffey has strange powers, both mysterious and miraculous; and the creepy characters in the prison have their own views of his gifts.....and of God's.
 
 
 
Paul Edgecomb: John....I have to ask you something very important now.
John Coffey...I know what you gonna say. You don't have to say it.
Paul Edgecomb: No, I do. I do. I have to say it. John...tell me what you want me to do. You want me to take you out of here? Just let you run away? See how far you could get?
John Coffey: Why would you do such a foolish thing?
Paul Edgecomb: On the day of my judgement...when I stand before God...and he asks me why did I... did I kill one of his true...miracles... what am I going to say? That it was my job? It's my job.
John Coffey: You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. I know you're hurting and worring. I can feel it on you. But you ought to quit on it now. I want it to be over and done with. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having me a buddy to be with...to tell me where we's going to, coming from, or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the word...every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head... all the time. Can you understand?
Paul Edgecomb: Yes, John, I think I can.

 
Now I'm in the mood to watch it again!!
 

A story

No comments:

Post a Comment