Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 125

Hodgepodge Questions-Vol 125
Welcome to another week of random fun. You'll find this week's questions for the Wednesday Hodgepodge posted below...answer on your own blog then hop back here tomorrow to share answers.


1. May is National Blood Pressure Month...what sends yours soaring, either literally or figuratively? What calms you down? When did you last have your bp checked?
There's a lot of things that make it soar! I have been on High Blood Pressure pills since 1992, Sleep is about the only thing that calms me down. I had it checked at the doctors last Wednesday the 8 th, It was normal

2. You just found $1-what do you spend it on? How about 10$ 100?
You really can't buy much for a $1, I'll get 4 gallons of water, a gallon is 25 cents.
$10 Gas for Hubby to get back and forth to work.
$100 Probably groceries.

3. Mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food has been proposed, but not enacted in the US. How much attention do you give food labels before you buy? Are you in favor of labeling if it means an increase in food prices? Is this an issue you've been following and feel strongly about, or is this the first you've heard of the controversy?
I look at the label to see how much fat in something. If I really want something I would buy it no matter how much it cast.

 4. May 15th marks the birthdate of Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz. At this point in time, are you more in need of brains, courage, heart, or a trip back home? Explain.
Brain....With memory loss I can hardly remember anything. Thank goodness for post a notes! If I had a brain I wouldn't have to have post a notes sticking every where

5. "There's no place like home" is an oft repeated line from Baum's book. When was the last time you felt the truth of that statement?
I loved seeing my family, stepchildren and grandchildren the weekend of April 13, but, It was so nice getting back home!

6.  Steak...yes please or no thank you? What cut do you prefer and how do you like yours cooked? Sauce or no sauce? Besides your own kitchen, where's a place you like to go to get a great steak?
No thank you! I don't like steak at all! Wednesday nights we go to a place called "The Deck" for hubby to get a steak dinner while I get Hot wings.

7. When was the last time you were in a genuine hurry?
I don't know. I'm usually never in a hurry for anything.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
My grandson is up to 4 pounds, We are looking for him to be able to go home soon.
 

5 comments:

  1. I think what we put in our body is important and I don't think our government cares enough about us. They just want the payoffs they get! Four pounds, that's great news and I hope he is home soon. He is a real cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answer to #4! And I'm with you.. What would we DO without our POST-ITs?!!! This is my first time here to your blog, but congrats on the birth of your grandson. Glad to hear he's going home soon... and nice meeting you today, via Wednesday Hodgepodge! Have a great week! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm a post it notes and notes in general girl! I take notes when I'm on the phone and I ALWAYS take the note pads with me from hotels!

    Hope your grandson is home very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet baby. :) I hope that everything will be fine for him and that he gets to go home soon.

    I can't remember worth diddly these days myself!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete