1. Share one fun thing you did last week, while the Hodgepodge was on 'spring break'.
Got the leaves all racked up in the front yard.
2. April 10th is National Sibling Day...do you have siblings, and if so are you close? Share a favorite story featuring one or all of your siblings. If you don't have siblings, did you ever wish you did?
I have a half sister Linda 62 and two brothers Jimmy 52 and Kenny 50......
My sister was helping me with my wedding ....On the day of the wedding she was in the downstairs of the church helping me get dressed. She went upsatirs to check out my hubby to be and when she came back down she told me JR was upset and he doesn't know what we was going to do cause he lost the wedding rings and the marriage license
3. Is it important to you to 'buy American'? Why or why not? How much of an effort do you make to 'buy American'? If you're not American, insert your own country in the blank.
I buy American whenever I can. For household cleanning I do check to see where the product is made at. It makes me mad cause I bought Snuggle and I'm allergic to it. I do hubby's and my clothes seperate, I refuse to buy downy
4. Besides The Bible, what book has impacted your spirituality in some way?
"Heaven Is For Real", It's a true story of a 4 yr old boy who experienced heaven during emergency surgery. He talks about Heaven and seeing the doctor operating adn his Father. This story has made my believe in God more powerful.
5. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Do you find rainy days calming or depressing? When were you last caught in a rainstorm? What's blooming in your neck of the woods today?
I find raining days depressing for myself......Just today coming back from getting the mail. I see some tulips bloom along side the yard.
6. What's your favorite yellow food?
Bananas and Corn
7. April is National Poetry Month...what's a poem that holds special meaning for you, and why is it special?
Little Orphant Annie, by James Whitcomb Riley...My Uncle Bill use to read this to me.
Little Orphant Annie's come to our house to stay,
An' wash the cups an' saucers up an' brush the crumbs away,
An' shoo the chickens off the porch, An' dust the hearth, an' sweep,
An' make the fire, an' bake the bread, an' earn her board-an'-keep;
An' all us other childern, when the supper-things is done,
We set around the kitch fire an' has the mostest fun
A-list'nin' to the witch-tales 'at Annie tells about,
An' the Gobble-uns 'at gits you
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Getting things ready to pack up for our weekend trip to PA. Our daughter-In-Law's baby shower is Saturday.
Our arrangments we made last month fell throw.....GRRRRR.....I don't know why people can't come right out and tell Ya, instead of ignoring you. It's not like we are asking for the money she owes us, or care about the three months her and two daughters lived with us for nothing. Just another family member we can't count on....Oh well!
Now to find someone to keep Princess and Angel and get a motel for us. Boy do I ever hate to make last minute arrangments!!!